Crawl Space Repair
Crawl Space Repair
When many homeowners think about home repairs, crawl space encapsulation isn’t typically at the top of their list of improvements. There are many benefits of encapsulating the crawlspace that will help increase the value of the home, as well as save money for the homeowner.
- Lower your energy costs. Encapsulation is insulation for the crawl space. By providing insulation in the crawl space you can lower energy bills by up to 20%.
- Increase home comfort. By encapsulating the crawl space, the homeowner will notice flooring, such as tile and hardwood floors, won’t be cold in the wintertime. In the summer, the home won’t feel humid or stuffy because of the conditioning of the air in the crawlspace.
- Eliminates musty odors. The moisture in the crawl space has been removed, which means musty odors will not be pumped in the home through the air conditioner.
- Improved air quality. By encapsulating the crawl space, you are eliminating moisture from entering the home. Humid, unconditioned air, and mold spores are no longer able to find their way into the home.
- Home repairs are minimized. Moisture is the source of many problems in the home. Damage to the insulation, mildew and mold outbreaks, and structural damage decreases by having the crawl space encapsulated.
- Insect infestations are eliminated. Insects, such as termites, survive because of moisture. By eliminating the moisture, the crawl space will no longer have the conditions needed for unwanted visitors to survive.
- Added storage space. Who wouldn’t love extra storage space? By encapsulating the crawl space, there will now be somewhere dry available for storage.
- 20 Mill thickness
- Heavy Duty Multi-Ply Cord Reinforced Polyethylene
- Bright white appearance, blue on the reverse
- Contains Fire Rated Additives
Benefits to the Homeowner
WhiteCap Vapor Barrier
The Advance2 dehumidifier has a specialized horizontal configuration to allow it to function very well in the unique environment of crawl spaces.
It fits in spaces where traditional dehumidifiers cannot and provides the homeowner with an easy way to change the filter. The Santa Fe Advance2 crawl space dehumidifier carries an Energy Star rating, which ensures maximum efficiency.
WhiteCap Drainage Matting
Only 12″ wide and 12″ tall, the Santa Fe Compact2 from can be stationed where no other traditional dehumidifier can. The crawl space dehumidifier has a superior design: integrated vertical or horizontal air exhaust outlets offer the crawl space contractor multiple options when positioning the Santa Fe in tight quarters. Energy Star rated ensures maximum efficiency.
- Specifically engineered for the temperature and air flow issues found in crawl spaces.
- Keeps working when other units stop removing watMERV-8 filtration is standard on the Compact2.
- Keeps unit running at optimum efficiency longer than cheaper designser.